Today’s review is of the Seagate BlackArmor NAS, specifically the Business Storage 4Bay NAS 4TB model#stbp4000100.
We recently installed this unit for our offices to expand our storage needs instead of changing and upgrading our existing server configuration.
Our primary concern was redundancy so we opted for the 4-bay drive with full Raid 10 configuration and utilizing 4 x 1TB Western Digital hard drives. The NAS does offer Raid 0,1,5,10 and Jbod for other configurations. It comes with 2 GB Ethernet ports, 2 Usb 3.0 ports, 1 USM port and the bays are hot swappable meaning we can change one on the fly without powering down the unit. The unit has a very small footprint which comes in at about 10″x6″x8″ and fully loaded weighs in at around 13lbs.
The first thing we noticed was that the installation was very simple. The unit is very sleek and easily pops open…
View original post 352 mots de plus
No matter what virtual machine (VM) platform you’re building, you need a solid foundation. One of the most critical choices is where to store your VMs and how the VM hosts will access it.
Usually the storage is separate to the VM host, however this doesn’t have to be the case. If you wanted to keep a lab environment as compact as possible you can always store the virtual machines on the same server as the storage, for large scale deployments there are some options like the Virtual SAN from VMWare if you want to distribute the storage between all the nodes.
I want to have a separate storage server for two reasons, first I can lump all the storage in one device, not just for VMs, but media and file storage too, and secondly it makes adding more VM nodes down the line very easy if I want HA or…
View original post 545 mots de plus
Now that you have a folder created you will need to change the « Properties » in order for other users on your network to access to the folder.
- Right click the “Family Share” folder.
- Select « Properties » from the list.
- Click the « Sharing » tab at the top of the dialog box.
- Click « Advanced Sharing ». The « Advanced Sharing » dialog opens.
- Check the box « Share this folder ».
- Click « Permissions ». The « Permissions for Family Share » dialog box opens. Here is where you can identify permissions for specific users/groups.
- Check the box appropriate to the permissions you want to apply to the users of the folder.Full Control permits the user the folder is shared with full control of all the files in the folder, including reading, writing, changing, and deleting of files and subfolders and permissions.Change permits the user to change permissions on the file or folder, such as Full Control…
View original post 124 mots de plus
Netflix is not connecting. On the screen it says ui-109 . YouTube works fine and netflix used to work. I have factory reset the device before and there is another chromecast in the house that has the same issue. Just found a great site that fixed my recent issues with #Netflix and my #Chormecasts… Big thanks to Will.