Thursday August 14th
Sports Update = Rob Manfred will succeed 80 year old Bud Selig as MLB’s new commissioner
- Major League Baseball (MLB) chose the league’s executive Rob Manfred as its next commissioner today in Baltimore
- Rob Manfred reported to Allan “Bud” Selig and spent 15 years as the league’s executive vice president of labor relations and has been MLB’s chief operating officer since 2013.
Market News: Wall Street ends Thursday higher with less worry over Ukraine
- Dow (DJI): 16,713 up + 0.37%
- S&P 500 (SPX): 1,955 +0.43%
- Nasdaq (IXIC): 4,453 +0.43%
3rd Quarter Results so far = good!
- 92% of S&P 500 companies having reported quarterly earnings and so far of those who have reported 67.7% beat Wall Street expectations
Stocks to note today?
- Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway Class A stock went above $200k for the first time today and closed at $202,850, +1.8%.
- Wal-Mart (largest retailer…
View original post 39 mots de plus